Saturday, December 31, 2011

A New Year

A new year is quickly upon us again!  It is hard to believe that another year of life has passed by so quickly, but with so many wonderful memories, blessings, and a few heartaches. 

This past year saw many celebrations from first birthday parties to 60th birthdays to 40 years of marriage and so much more.  Two beautiful ladies were celebrated as they entered their heavenly home in the spring. 

I have never been one to make resolutions as I don't want to set myself up for failure.  I simply try to find the positive in each day or the changes placed upon us, but it isn't always easy.  Over the past year my heart has grown by leaps and bounds as I have been able to share time and memories with my daughter and husband, grow in my faith, and cherish my family and friends. 

With the new year I don't want to make a resolution to lose weight, or run a marathon.  This year I am resolving to simply be the best mother, wife, daughter, and sister and to be do as well as I can with all the hats I wear.  I do have a small list of things I want to strive to do this year.

1.  Make a nice dinner for my daughter and husband at least once a week (more often God willing).
2.  Spend a time each day with my heavenly Father and to grow in my faith.
3.  Keep my closest clean :)
4.  Not go to bed every night of the week at 8:00 so that my husband doesn't think I am a complete dud.
5.  Live a healthier lifestyle with more fruits, veggies, and home cooked food.
6.  Turn off the outside noise and spend time playing and soaking up memories with my little lady, Matney.
7.  Have a monthly lunch date with my sister so we can spend quality time talking about what we want to talk about and not being interupted.
8.  Go one more dates with my husband.

I thank God for all the blessings and memories throughout 2011 and cannot wait to see what He has in store for us in 2012!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment