Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Silly Girl, Silly Papa


My dad has always had a soft spot in his heart for his babies, and with Matney he is no different. Papa G often shows up in the evenings when Nannie B is working and he never disappoints his little Matney with his silly antics during his visits. Recently she spent the night at Nannie and Papa’s and they started this little game of lying on their backs with their feet in the arm.  When Papa came over last week, he and Matney thought it would be fun to show Brandon and me their new game. Though my dad is almost 62, he doesn’t let a little hard wood floor get him down so they plopped right down on the floor and started showing off!



After their little game, Matney found Papa’s boots and as this girl loves her some shoes, she tried them on for size. She has some big feet to fill in her Papa’s boots, but I can already see she is well on her way with her serious, independent side and her silly, goofball side that often comes out. Papa has really grabbed his granddaughters heart and they are best buddies. I love that they are so close as I too was very close to my Grandpa and some very wonderful memories live in my heart thanks to Grandpa Curt and always will.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment