Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Christmas Time Is Here (Part 3)


Christmas morning at our house didn't dawn quite as early as it used to when I was a kid.  I was up before anyone, filled with anticipation of how Matney would react to the presents under the tree.  When she woke at 7:30 and I went to get her, she knew something was up.  As we got further down the hall and she saw her kitchen and the presents she started to do this cute little hyper dance on my hip.

From her reaction, she was in love from the first moment she saw her kitchen and started to take it all in.  Santa (and Momma and Daddy) brought Matney some clothes, books, and coloring books to play with. 

Once Matney had a little time to digest her gifts, we got out the dishes that Auntie Abby got her and the apron that Nannie and Papa got her for Christmas.  We have had a lot of offfiee (coffee) and pie since Sunday morning! 

Brandon was very good to me and got me a new Ke*rig coffee pot, which I am loving!  He got clothes and a fish fryer!

All in all, Santa was pretty darn good to us, but the true present and joy was seeing Christmas morning through our little M's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment