Friday, December 23, 2011

Elfie

I have to say that jumping on the band wagon this one time was a pretty good decision for the Crawford Family.  We decided to jump on the Elf on the Shelf wagon and see what magic it might bring to our home and to our daughter.  I barely had the elf out of the box before Matney had him named, Elfie. 


Yes, we know we aren't supposed to hold him, but we had to document
how old Matney was when Elfie arrived at our home for the first time!

Elfie has been quite the hit in our house over the last few weeks even if Matney is still a little young to understand his purpose.  Every morning one of the first things she says is, “Elfie, find Elfie?”  and off she goes to look for him.  One morning I forgot to move him, I mean, he forgot to change spots when he came back for the day and M was not happy.  Daddy and I told her that Elfie must have really liked that spot! 

Though she doesn’t understand fully that Elfie watches and reports to Santa about her behavior, it has been fun to see her eyes light up when she finds him and then report to everyone who comes in the house where Elfie is resting for the day.   I can’t wait to see how her eyes light up on Christmas morning!  This season has been so enjoyable with her and I look forward to all the Christmas’ to come.  


No comments:

Post a Comment