Thursday, January 5, 2012

Soaking up my baby

The last week of 2011 was so enjoyable for me. I took the week off work and enjoyed some much needed down time to relax and do things around the house that I had been putting off. I kept Matney home a few days from Ms. Sue’s so we could spend time together and play. She was such a good girl!!

On Monday we decided to make home-made play dough and played with it for a long time. It is rather bland looking as we didn’t have any food coloring, but it was fun to play with anyways. Matney didn’t think it tasted so great and made some funny faces.



She is enjoying so many things right now, namely her baby doll, Molly, M!nne Mous*, and Sco*by Doo. She will run around saying “Ooby, where are you” or “ohhh toodles”. After learning those phrases on t.v. she has learned to yell “oh toooodles or wherrreee arrrrre you” when she is looking for something. Cutest think ever!! Santa gave her a kitchen for Christmas so she likes to make Molly and Minnie as well as Momma and Daddy lots of treats. I apparently make a lot of comments when I am changing her because she has started hunting down the wipes to change Molly and will carry Molly around or Molly’s diaper and say “shooo shooo”. She thought Molly needed to be changed the other day so she took her clothes and diaper off and only after I heard the trash can did I wonder what was going on – the clothes and the diaper were in the trash!!

Playdough snowman

My favorite thing that M has started doing all the time is saying “I wuv ew, Mommy” or “I wuv ew, Daddy” completely unprompted. There is nothing like driving home from work, worn out from the day, and your little angel saying in the backseat, “I wuv ew”!

She is such a wonderful blessing and I am enjoying every moment with her!

Intent on watching "Oooby"

No comments:

Post a Comment