Thursday, January 26, 2012

We're having a baby...

The first test!
After a few weeks of what appeared to be “I think I could be pregnant” symptoms, I decided to take a pregnancy test on December 30th while I was at home all day alone. I had one spare left from before Matney up in the closet so I woke up early that morning and peed on the lovely little stick. A faint positive and negative sign came up; confirming my suspicions that I was pregnant again. Since it was so faint, I was a bit untrusting so I threw on some scrubby clothes, grabbed my Wal-Mart list and headed out. As I made my way down the feminine aisle as Wal-Mart I was concerned about who I might see, so I quickly grabbed a box of 3 tests and stuffed them under my purse. (I had a slight fear that the surveillance camera was going to pick me up and think I was stealing, but I didn’t care because I didn’t want someone to see the box and say something before I had even told Brandon what I thought was going on). I sped through Wal-Mart and grabbed my other items, I rushed to the car and drove straight home. I dropped my bags and went straight to the bathroom and peed on the lovely little stick again (a digital one this time).  Within seconds the life changing little “pregnant” appeared!! I was kind of shocked, but every excited so I texted Brandon and asked if he was coming home for lunch since it was my last day home on vacation. He said he would and would grab us something to eat. Little did he know what he was getting himself in to.


And the second confirmation test!

Brandon arrived home about 11:45 and I went to the bathroom to “wash my hands” but really went to get the test. He was already sitting down so I walked up behind him and placed it in front of him. He let out a sigh or an “ohhh, gosh” before he tipped his head back to look at me and said something along the lines of “I wondered if you weren’t?”.  I am pretty sure he sat through lunch in a bit of a daze thinking that now he didn’t only have 2 people to take care of but he was going to have 3!

That night we went to my parents to have Christmas with Uncle Brent and Jackie. I put on a good front for several hours of acting like I was just too cold to have a beer or anything else to drink. From time to time I would take a sip of Brandon’s beer so that everyone wouldn’t start to catch on. It wasn’t until Dad asked me if I would help him make the mimosa’s that I realized I was probably skunked on my whole idea to not tell anyone. Lucky for me, Dad walked out of the kitchen about the time I was ready to pour the champagne so I acted like I put a little in my glass but loaded up on orange juice instead! We were all sitting in the living room talking when I looked at Brandon and whispered, “we should just tell them”. While the conversation continued, Dad brought up the idea of going around the room and saying what we were all thankful for (this has become a joke at Christmas after Dad played this little game on Brandon during our first Christmas). When it got to my turn I looked at Brandon and then said “I am thankful that we are going to have another baby this summer!” I got a few blank stares at first and then lots of congratulations. Then they said, “what are you doing drinking a mimosa” to which I replied, “the bar tender can always mix the drinks just how they want them”.

I went to the doctor for the first time on January 12th for my blood work and to complete all the lovely paperwork. Then on January 20th, Mom went with me to have my first ultrasound and physical. We got to hear the sweet little heartbeat of the baby going strong at 160 bpm. Based on the ultrasound and the size of the baby, they changed my due date from August 24th to September 1st.

We are so excited to bring a new little life in to our family this summer and cannot wait to see Matney grow in to a wonderful big sister.


Baby Crawford #2
Due September 1, 2012


1 comment: