Friday, February 24, 2012

Silly Squirrel

Our silly squirrel (not sure how we gave her this nickname) recently learned how to climb out of her crib after Brandon put her down for her nap one Saturday. He wasn’t gone for 5 minutes when I heard her beating on the door yelling “Mommy, out! Mommy, out!”.  I went to get her out of her room and then we went to tell Daddy what she did!

1/29/12: she learned how to free her self from crib jail


In typical Mom style, I put her back in her crib to show me how she did it and then grabbed the camera to document everything! That night we put her back in her crib and she quickly got out after I went to bed and she came toddling down the hall to our room to climb in to bed with us.  It is hard to say “no” when she is peering at you over the mattress with such cute, longing eyes, saying “You way wif me, Momma”!

"Mom, this is NOT a time for pictures!"
 We recently transitioned her bed to her toddler bed, but she didn’t really like it.  I think knowing it was the same bed that normally had 4 sides and now it didn’t was kind of freaking her out. Sunday afternoon when Daddy got home from his yearly trip to Kentucky, we moved the spare bed in to her room. The entire time I was taking the crib apart she was yelling “my bed, my bed, my bed!”. She got very excited once the new bed was together and jumped on it for quite a while. When it was time to go to bed, she laid down fairly easily with a little fussing. She made it until 12:30 in her room and then I woke up to hear her coming down the hall moaning “momma, my momma” and what else should I do but cave and let her in the bed with us! Saying no is so hard to do in the middle of the night!
 

1 comment:

  1. She is getting so big (but still looks so little in that bed :))!

    ReplyDelete