Friday, February 10, 2012

Encouragement

How do you love a person
who never got to be,
or try to envision a face
you never got to see?

How do you mourn the death of one
who never got to live.
When there’s nothing to feel good about
and nothing to forgive?

I love you, my little baby,
my companion of the night.
Wandering through my lonely hours,
beautiful and bright.

What does it mean to die before
you ever were born,
to live the lovely night of life
and never see the dawn?

Ah! My little baby,
you lived like anyone!
Life’s a burst of joy and pain.
And then like yours, it’s done.

I love you, my little baby,
just as if you’d lived for years.
No more, no less, I think of you,
the Angel of my tears.

~Author Unknown~


We have received so many cards and words of encouragement over the last week and I am in awe of the kindness so many have shown us.  A woman (she knows who she is and I am very grateful) I grew up with but was never very close to sent me the above poem which speaks many of my thoughts and feelings during the last week. 

Each day gets a little better but I have my moments where I hear the right song or someone says just the right thing, not trying to hurt me, but it just sets off the trigger of emotions. 

Though many people don't read my blog, this is now a part of our story that I want to always remember.  I don't post things to upset others but to hopefully help someone else who might be experiencing such a loss and finding a way to overcome through encouragement and hope from others.



No comments:

Post a Comment