Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mmmmm yummy


Last weekend was filled with more outside summer activities then we ever imagine could happen in 2 days. Here is just a short list:

1. Enjoying steaks from our freshly butchered beef on Friday night with my husband, daughter, and father.
2. Sleepover with our oldest nephew who sweetly accepted the cheerios with no milk since I haven't been to the store in 3 weeks.
3. Grayson helping Papa in the hayfield.
4. The purchase of a new Polaris Ranger and many rides around the field to enjoy it and see how fast it would go. Boys...
5. Truck pull and Webster County Fair in 100 degree temperatures...blughhh.
6. Swimming.
7. Mowing as quickly as 3 acres will allow so you can get out of the heat and in the pool. (see #5)
8. Harvesting apples from Grandma Curt's apple tree and freezing for the winter.
9. Picking blackberries at the farm dad has rented since I was little. There were still a bunch yet to ripen but we made a haul the first go round and plan to return for more!

I am sure I have forgotten many things that we did, but all I know is I was worn out all week after such a wonderful weekend filled with reminiscing and new memories made with the family I love so much.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment