Sunday, December 13, 2009

Registering for baby

Today is a day focused on little Matney. Though she has not arrived; today we beginning the process of preparing for the daily needs of our little one. I have finally suckered Brandon into going to register for her as we don't have long until the scheduled showers begin. Besides, if this little one keeps growing the way she is, she won't stay in until April 2, 2010 or she will be the size of a large watermelon (and Mommy doesn't want that).


We have decided to register at Bab*es R'Us and Tar*et. I have decided the decision making process about what to register for, where, and what is really needed is somewhat diffficult. Do you buy the regular highchair or the space saving highchair, do you buy bottles you have used before with nephews or do you buy different ones, do you get Pa*pers or Hugg*es? If not for my sister who has had two children, I think I would be completely lost of what to do today.


As any parent, you only want the best for your children and want to keep them safe. However, there is no one review out there on the websites that doesn't discredit something about each product. I guess this is where the matter of personal opinion/judgement comes in and you just have to hope you have chosen what will protect your child and keep them safe and warm. For instance, some of the larger things that we need to get for every day use (ie: infant carrier) have all the best ratings on the websites, but the catch is, they are only available on the websites. Being a first time mother, I really want to see what we are registering for, touch it, examine every part of it, and assure myself that it is the one I want to make sure Matney will be safe. However, it doesn't appear this will be possible, so do I take the chance and get it site unseen, or do I register for something else that is in the store that might not have as good of ratings/reviews. Oh the things running through my mind...

I have a feeling that today will be like the blind leading the blind as my husband is still figuring out why he has to go with me and I can't just take my sister or my mom. I know he wants to protect and support Matney and me, but just like a lot of dad's, he isn't sure what the best way to do that is sometimes, I think. I have told him that this will be the last time we have to register for anything and it is a memory we are making together to share with our children someday. I think he gets tired of my grand ideas, but he usually ends up giving in and having a good time or appreciating my efforts (at least he acts like it).


In closing, here is a recent picture of Brandon and I before our anniversary date. I took pics of the growing belly bump for all to see.

2 comments:

  1. I randomly looked yesterday online to see if you were registered at Babies 'R Us and saw your registry! I think you picked out some very nice things so you can relax! Your baby bump looks cute too! (so do Brandon and the tree!) I miss you! Can you have this shower soon so that I can attend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember: Women have been having babies since the beginning of time. Even before Pampers OR Huggies...... ;) You and your baby will be fine, no matter what you pick out.

    Matney is blessed to be as loved as she already is. Relax and enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete