Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

(Abby, Ashley, Barsha--Napa Valley--2009)


Today is my mom's birthday, we won't tell you how old she is, but she is one wonderful woman. She has worked hard all of her life to be a wonderful daughter, wife, mother, grandmother, mother-in-law, friend, and employee. I cannot recall one time when she has let anyone down even when her plate is full. She strives to be good a whatever she does whether it be skiing down a mountain or quilting a beautiful piece of art. Though we often give her a hard time about whatever she is doing (not working for 7 days in a row) she takes it all in good fun and gives you this look that cannot even be described. She might be approaching senior citizen age, but she keeps herself young with all the fun things she loves to do!



I write this today to celebrate my wonderful mother who is about to be a grandmother to 4 little ones and takes it all in stride. She is always there to help Abby or me no matter what the circumstances and no matter what time the plea for help comes. She has taught us to be strong independent women who love their families unconditionally. She has taught us to be hard, deligent workers in our jobs and reap the rewards (she is the queen of planning vacations). She has taught us to be well rounded in so many ways that I cannot even begin to count. Most importantly, as I prepare to become a mother, she has taught us how to love, teach, protect, guide, and support our children in all ways possible, just as she has done with her children for the last 30 years.

Happy Birthday Mom. I love you more than I can ever tell you in words.


2 comments:

  1. This is such a nice post about your mom! All of the things you said about her were true! I love her too! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete