Saturday, December 5, 2009

1st Anniversary

One year ago tomorrow, December 6th, I married the love of my life. It is hard to believe how quickly the year has past, but I am thankful for every quick minute of it.

This time last year I was either getting my hair done or getting my makeup done, this year, I am sitting here drinking coffee and reflecting as I sit in my pajamas and listen to the TV going as Brandon is watching some insane show. It is nice to be spending the day together and know that we don't really have to be doing something or going somewhere to be happy with each other. We are content to spend time together relaxing and preparing for the future changes in our life either alone in seperate rooms with the occasional "I love you" as we pass each other or together making breakfast. If 5 years ago you would have told me I would be in this place and waking up each morning next to the man I will love for the rest of my life, I would have laughed at you. However, now, I couldn't be happier to call the man I fell in love with 4 years ago, my husband and friend.
I am thankful for so many things that God has given to me since bringing Brandon into my life.
  • That we each have a good job and are in a comfortable place and able to pay the bills each month, especially when we see others in the community struggling so bad due to the loss of a job or depletion of savings due to the economy.
  • That we have been able to buy and sell our first home, in order to buy a beautiful house on 15 acres where we can both do things we enjoy together ie: decorating and cooking for me, playing outside in the barn for him, or fishing together in our new pond, and looking forward to the future family gathers around the swimming pool next summer.
  • A husband who loves, cares, and trusts me no matter what the situation.
  • That my faith has grown stronger in the last year and that God has lead us to join a new church as a family. (We join tomorrow--good way to remember what day we join--our anniversary).
  • A husband who cooks dinner when he has been off all day or when he knows I am tired from working all day, even though I sit at a desk on the phone and he is the one who does the manual labor.
  • The future birth of our daughter in April. Last year at this time, I would have never believed we would be expecting our first child, but we couldn't be happier and more excited to welcome Matney Paige into our warm and loving home. Daddy will have her spoiled in no time.

I pray God will allow our marriage to continue to grow and become stronger and that he will prepare us to be wonderful parents to the child that he is blessing us with. I pray and hope that my husband is kept safe each and everyday and that I love my husband as much with each passing day and more than I loved him the day we got married.





















No comments:

Post a Comment