Saturday, July 11, 2009

My first entry...




So, I have decided to join the blogging world..not sure why, but I have. So here goes my first entry.

Brandon and I have been happily married for a little over 7 months and we love every minute of it (maybe I should say I). We have a small house in Marshfield and are working to make it into a home. Currently, Brandon is attempting to find his dream land so he can pursue his farming aspirations. I just keep reminding him that things will happen in time and the right piece of property will come our way. So in the meantime, I get in the car and drive all over the countryside looking for "For Sale" signs. It has been fun though as it is time with my husband. Today, we went on an outing to Niangua to look for land (this was after I sweet talked him into going to the store with me and taking care of friends houses--he did not appreciate that I left a few of the errands out--so he then wanted to go on his outing). On our little trip I proceeded to tell him every story of my youth as I have traveled those roads many times with my Grandpa. I am pretty sure he thought I was crazy for going on and on about everything out that way and who lived where, but you can never hear the story too many times of what creek Mom played in when she was visiting friends and where your loved ones grew up.

The rest of the day was spent working on getting this house into shape after a few days of neglect and working on our yard. My honey is such a good little worker and I appreciate him so much for all he does. Brandon is currently telling at me that blogging is not allowed and he doesn't want to be associated with it. Probably because he thinks I am a blog stalker, but I love keeping up with all of my friends and family.

Through my blog I hope to share with everyone about the adventures of life in the Crawford Household. I love to cook and will hopefully find the time and inspiration to share my delights with everyone. Brandon loves to eat so there is never an empty stomach at our house. Also, you will probably see a lot of our nephews intertwined into the blog as they are a large part of our life and we love spending time with them, not to mention the rest of the family. Hopefully, you will not find the blog boring--if you do tell me--we couldn't stand to be boring. So here is to my blogging future as I prepare to eat a wonderful dinner and drink my champagne with my husband.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited you started a blog! I'm excited to read about what's going on with you, and tell Brandon it's not blog-stalking if you're just trying to keep up with people's lives... that's the point of the blog! lol.

    ~Erin Holtzclaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through Martha. I noticed that she was following mine and yours as well.

    If for some reason this was meant to be private or for only those who you've told..., (I know, private on the web is impossible, but you know what I mean) just let me know. I won't intrude or be a closet stalker.

    In the meantime, your sister is incredibly blessed to have you as a sister and her children are blessed to have you as their aunt. You will be a great mother!

    ReplyDelete