Sunday, May 20, 2012

N.Y.C

View of the Hudson River from the Amtrak train

West Point

Last summer I started a new position at work on a new project to help implement a claim system between my employer and the sister company.  At the time the project started we knew there was potential for a little travel, but not as much as I have experienced in the last 8 weeks!!  I feel like I am an ol' pro at packing my suitcase and jetting to New York for the week and back!  Too bad most of my days are spent in the office and back to hotel to sleep (including a few trips to F!ve Guys, Chee$ecake Factory, wonderful Italian places, and the mall)

The first week we traveling, 3 of the ladies and myself decided to plan a longer stay and enjoy New York City for a few days.  We enjoyed a quick train ride from Albany to NYC and then an amazing weekend of beautiful weather in an amazing city.  We did everything one could possibly do in a day with 14 hours straight of sight seeing and walking and eating and walking some more.  We met 2 other ladies on Friday night from work and I had such a great time getting to know these ladies.   



Pear and Ricotta Ravioli at ReSette on 45th!  A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

The flowers at Rockefeller Center were beautiful and smelled like heaven.



911 Memorial- a breathtaking and humbling experience.
Battery Park-Ashley, Amanda, Laura, Alice, Judy, and Karen

Gelato in Litte Italy

View of the city from Top Of The Rock
 
Carriage ride in Central Park. 

Before heading home Sunday evening, several us of walked to Central Park from our hotel at 45th and 6th to enjoy the beautiful weather with a carriage ride in Central Park.  It was some of the best money I have ever spent!
 


View of the city from the Queens bridge as we headed to the airport.



No comments:

Post a Comment