Tuesday, May 15, 2012

For everything there is a season

Last summer I started a new position at work that completely took me out of my "box" and put me in a whole new world of projects and deadlines that I had never experienced.  There was a point when I asked to get out and move back in to my previous position, but something kept pulling me back to the "new" opportunity and telling me to push on. 

The little voice in the back of my mind that keeps reminding me that everything happens for a reason has now started to remind me that some things are just a "season" in our lives and will pass with time.  I am learning to accept my new "seasons" with grace and strength - be it miscarriage and grief or leaving my family for a week at a time or having to tell someone I don't understand how to do something , but these times will make me stronger and will create memories that I would have never.   

In the last several months I have been reminded that I am not in control and that He, my heavenly father, is.  It is often hard to understand the Masters plans for us, but it is my prayer every morning that I will take each moment in stride and not let things get the best of me.  That I will be accepting of the opportunities given to me and always be thankful for the countless blessings in my life. 

A Time for Everything

1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: 2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, 6 a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, 7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, 8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.  ~Ecclesiastes 3~

By far this little lady has been a major part of my time to love! Both she and her Daddy get me through some of the tougher seasons in my life and for them I pray daily that I can be the best mother and wife possible; never taking them or the health or their love for granted.
 

Taken before I left for a business trip. 

1 comment: