Tuesday, October 4, 2011

18 months


Beautiful Matney, you are growing up way too fast.  Yesterday was your 18 month birthday and as I have said before, with each passing day I think I love you more! 

We do not know your stats yet for 18 months, but you have an appointment next week with your doctor so we will update then. 


Checking out Clyde and Calvin at Papa G's
 You love so many things right now and are in to everything these days.  Every night when we get home from Ms. Sue's you go straight to the tupperware cabinet and pull out a bowl, asking for a cracker throughout the process.  You are really too cute to tell no, so Daddy and I try to give you smart choices such as a small piece of cheese or an apple.  (I don't now how you could be hungry since I always pick you up from Ms. Sue's right after snack time.)  You don't really like cookies if we give them to you; you really just really want a cracker.  You play with your dolly and your bears every night.  If you can't find one of them or sometimes me or daddy you start wondering through the house saying "arrre you arre you?" 

You are turning in to a very good helper.  You have started putting a few things away for me when I am emptying the dishwasher or putting your luandry away (even though you usually drag it all back out). You love to help feed Max and Sassy.  Every night after dinner whatever is left on your plate, you pick up and say "Mah, Mah, Mah" and don't stop until I take it from you and give it to Mah (Max).

You have turned in to quite the parrott in the last 2 months so we have to be very careful what we say.  You often answer a question with such a straight answer.  Papa G asked you if you took a good nap one day and you simply replied, "I did"!

You used to be a great sleeper, but in the last month and a half you are sliding down a very steep slope to being a super stinky sleeper at night.  You had been waking up once at night screaming uncontrollably for a couple of weeks and it has now progressed to a few times a night or not wanting to go to bed at all each night.  You always want to go to our bed to rest or lay in there with Momma while I read my book or watch tv.   Daddy has started a routine of rocking you to sleep in the living room since you don't want to fall asleep in your own bed.  If or when you get really upset in the middle of the night, we have created a monster by bringing you to bed with us - we have to sleep too because we have to work all day - and you LOVE it.  You always cuddle up right next to your daddy or turn sideways (most typically with your stinky feet in my face).


For your 1/2 birthday we got you such an extravagant gift - your first panties!  You have been asking to go potty all the time and usually tell us when it is just a little too late.  You are not very happy if you have to stay in your diaper very long and have attempted to remove it and your clothes many times :) (at least we haven't been in public). 

I am so lucky to have been blessed with you in my life and I am cherishing all the memories we are making.  I love you little bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment