Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mommyknapping and A Birthday

Thursday I celebrated my 27th birthday! Leading up to the day and even after, I didn't really feel like it was my birthday; I guess that is part of aging. I was blessed to celebrate my special day over a series of days to make it even more special.

Several weeks ago, I was literally kidnapped by my mom and sister for the weekend. I had absolutely no idea what was going on and was dressed in my lazy, work around the house clothes when my mom walked in the door. I had successfully brushed my hair and teeth that morning as well as putting on makeup because I was going to take the recycling to town while Brandon took Matney with him to the vet clinic. Little did I know that he was in on it (honey, next time tell me to take a shower when I get out of bed, but keep the rest a secret!) When Mom walked in all dressed up I was shocked and began to wonder what was up. She wouldn't tell me a thing! She ordered me to get dressed and pack a bag and that is all I go!! (how does one pack a bag without further information? and thus to reason for the lack of pictures-I was told not to take my camera) That is all I got until we were sitting at Hebr*ws Coffee in Springfield and they decided to tell me where we were going. They also told me they hadn't booked a hotel room but we were staying over night--they know I hate when they want to do that. The organizer in me needs to know where my I will be sleeping each night.


(taken from the balcony of our condo overlooking Branson Landing)


As the title states, this was a "Mommyknapping" of sorts! Mom and Abby had developed the idea as a test to see if I could be away from Matney for an extended period of time. It has become a tradition that the three of us go on a "girls" trip every few years and it is time to start planning our next adventure. They both knew that since I have become a mommy, I have a hard time leaving my girl, so they set up my challenge. I actually think I did very well for the 36 hours that we were gone. I only called a few times to check on M and every time I got the vibe she didn't really even know I was gone.




(Our condo before dinner! Mom sweet talked the hotel in
to giving us a wonderful room)

Thank you Mom and Abby for the wonderful time in Branson and all the yummy food and shopping we did. I can't wait for Abby's birthday!!



*********************************************************


My actual birthday was spent working all day. Thanks to the blizzard I was able to wear jeans to work in celebration of the day! That night Mom made yummy lasagna, salad, bread, and a 4-day cake for my family celebration. I was blessed to spend the evening with my parents, sister and brother in law, as well as my 3 silly but adorable nephews, and of course my amazing daughter and husband. We had a great time that evening and I was barely able to drag myself out of bed on Friday morning because I was so worn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment