Friday, February 4, 2011

Blizzard 2011


It's amazing how much difference a few days makes in Missouri. Last weekend we experienced near 70 degree weather on Saturday and this week we experienced the first blizzard in our lifetime; at least the only one I can remember. When they started calling for the blizzard I was a bit of a sceptic, but once I headed home from work on Tuesday morning at 9:45; I was finally confident in the weatherman's forecast. I should have known it would be bad when all the schools called off before it even started snowing! All this snow has made it seem like a lifetime ago that I sent an email to my coworkers and boss telling them of the impending blizzard. My boss proceeded to stick her head out of her office and ask if I was joking! Like I have time at work to make up such a story and the map graphics to go along with it.
(February 1, 2011)
Brandon thinks we received between 8 and 10 inches at our house. I am especially thankful for my new vehicle after all this snow. I was able to get around so easy and just plowed through the drifts like a little snow plow.


We are expecting more snow this weekend and in to next week so the next several days should be interesting. I am hoping our weekend is much more boring then last weekend as we were fighting a field fire all Saturday afternoon and had 5 fire trucks at our house at one time. I am hoping our weekend consists of staying at home and staying warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment