Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Grandma

(Matney-6 months and Grandma Janie-91)


On October 3rd, one of the most beautiful, kind and loving individuals that I know, celebrated her 91st birthday. My Grandma Janie has always been such a wonderful, caring woman and it is such a blessing to celebrate each passing year with her. The love she has for her children, grandchildren, her siblings, and pretty much anyone is just a small portion of what makes her so special. I have never heard her get upset or say anything mean about anyone. The only time she gets fussy is when someone tries to mess with her food (do not ask her if she wants eggs or oatmeal, or she might just through the plate at you).



This year her birthday was celebrated at the nursing home where Grandma now resides. She takes her new life in stride, just as she has done with everything else throughout her life, and enjoys everything she possibly can. I can only hope that someday my granchildren will think so highly and fondly of me and will have more memories than they can count of days gone by. My Grandma made a lasting impression on me in so many ways, from her Christian life and strength to her ability to cook the most delicious food imaginable and many, many more. She made such an impression, that the day I knew I learned I was having a little girl, I couldn't think of any better name than a strong family name that would always and forever remind me of my Grandma Janie (Matney is named after Grandma Janie's mother).








1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures of your sweet grandma and your sweet baby girl! You look great too! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete