Friday, September 10, 2010

Oh how I love thee...

Oh how I love the cooler weather and the approach of my favorite season...FALL! I am so happy it is finally on its way after this hot, hot summer. I now have two favorite seasons because of my Spring blessing this year, but Fall will always hold a special place in my heart. Here are a few of my favorite things about the season.

Fall decorations! I get the itch to get them out sooner each year. The colors and the smells make me so content. If a pumpkin spice or harvest flavored candle is burning; it is as if a fire is lite under me and I can accomplish so much in an evening while the candle flickers on.

Pumpkin Spice Latte's make me one happy girl, however, they hurt the pocket book. As a treat to myself I have decided to let myself have 1 a week and no more (I still have baby weight to lose and these are not that conducive to weight loss). I am hoping I can find pumpkin spice creamer at the store this weekend to serve as a nice, cheaper alternative for the other days I feel the need for a latte.

Warm and cozy corners lite to warm the room on a cold, damp day or in the evening when the sun goes down, makes me so happy. I love the low lighting and the warmth I can almost feel as I snuggle up on the couch for an evening of tv or reading. I was feeling the need for my lamp a little sooner this year so I have been turning it on in the late evenings when it gets dark. I had a crafting day a few weekends ago and gave this lamp a make over after a trip to Farmers Market.





Hobby Lobby is one of my best friends in the fall time and gets a lot of my money. As my fall decorations have started growing in number, I have had to limit my purchases but this year I splurged and made a wreath. I made it because I wanted to be crafty and was flabergasted at the prices of the pre-made ones in the store. Who buys a wreath for $150 when you can make one for $15--granted it probably doesn't look as good, but it makes me happy!
I can't wait for the mums to bloom and the pumpkin patch excursions to begin. This year I have someone knew to share the adventures with and to share my love of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment