Monday, September 19, 2011

6 years and counting


6 years ago today I was a senior in college, in classes all day, and waiting for my first nephew!  I knew that my wonderful big sister was scheduled to have an induction to give birth to her first beautiful baby and I of course had to be in a different city, waiting all day.  Knowing I HAD to go to class and then would be able to head to Kansas City to meet my new nephew; made for the longest day ever.  I headed to my late afternoon class that wasn't supposed to get over until 6:30 and was dreading every second of it.  I knew I had a great professor who was young and fun so I immediatly told him what was going on and asked if he would let class out early that night (I had to go because if you had perfect attendance we got extra points or something...)  Little did I believe he would actually agree to it!  I left Columbia and drove like a speed deamon the entire way to K.C.  I knew during the drive that Brayden hadn't made his entrance yet, so I had my fingers crossed he would wait just long enough for me to get there.  Just as I got to Abby's room he popped out!  He was the cutest little thing I had ever seen! 
The last 6 years have flown by and we have created more memories than I can count.  There are so many reasons to love Brayden so here are just a few:

1.  He is sweet and loving all most of the time.

2.  He is a good big brother to Grayson and Kennon (he does tend to bully them some times but that is what big brothers are for, right?).

3.  He loves the outdoors and can make a toy of of anything. 


4.  He is very creative. 

5.  He loves my little girl like his own sister (she is his sister cousin of course)!


6.  He is a good helper.

7.  He is very inquisitive.

8.  He has grown up so much in the last few months and is becoming much more polite and patient (thanks Kindergarten!).

9.  He taught me how much you can love a baby that isn't even your own.   


10.  He almost always has a smile on his face!

  


The "camping" cake I made for Brayden's birthday party (my first time decorating a cake).

Happy Birthday, Brayden! 

Uncle Meme', Matney, and I love you so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment