Saturday, January 8, 2011

9 months

It is hard to believe that 9 months has gone by since Matney was born. It has been a blissful 9 months as we see her grow and change every day. I can positively say that I have fallen more and more in love with her with each passing day. The last month has brought many firsts for little Miss Matney!

  • First Christmas. Very successful for an 8 1/2 month old at the time. She brought in a lot of loot and was a pro at unwrapping by the time all the Christmas' were over.

  • First overnight sleepover with her Nannie B and Papa G, along with her 3 crazy cousins. (We had my work Christmas party to go to and woke up the next morning with the stomach bug!)

  • First time with the stomach bug. Much quicker recovery than the rest of us!

  • First time saying "No". Matney has become a pro at saying No! She of course doesn't really know the meaning but seems to say it at the right times or mimics someone else who has said it.

  • First steps. At 9 months and 1 day she took several steps to her Daddy and then 4 steps to me. Each day she has added a few more to her repertoire.

These are just a few of the things Matney has done in the last month and I can only imagine what she will be doing next month at this time. I can only imagine the messes I will have to clean up if I consider the ones I have already seen in the last few weeks. Leave this girl alone for 1 minute and she can have an entire tissue box emptied and shredded!

At 9 months M is still a little on the small side according to the doctor. It is hard for us to see since she has such cute pinchable cheeks and little leg rolls galore. I guess she is small because she is so active for her age. At her 9 month checkup she weighed 17.2 pounds (20th percentile) and was 26 1/2 inches long (15th percentile). She still has a big head (75th percentile) which of course I attribute to the fact that she is so smart and has a lot of energy and information already stored in her little brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment