Tuesday, April 20, 2010

We are having so much fun with Matney! She is such a good girl and makes me smile just to think about her. She is changing so quickly and making my heart hurt to think that she is already growing up. My baby has changed so much in the last 17 days that I am beginning to worry I will not remember all her milestones or what she looked like or acted like at birth. Thank goodness we have a digital camera to document every changing moment.

In the last 17 days we have celebrated 3 birthdays, 1 visit to church, 1 poop on Mommy and one on Daddy and several pees in the process of changing her diaper, first spring time BBQ on the back deck with Daddy, Nanny B, and Papa G, several visits from family and friends, our first outing with Aunt Abby (to Dollar General) and her first outing with just Matney and Mommy.

She likes to fall asleep while eating and in an attempt to wake her up, we will strip her down and change her diaper, only to have her immediatly dirty the new diaper. Thus, we have already been to Walmart for another case of diapers.

She has started a little scheme of crying out while she is trying to fall asleep and I think she knows that if she does it long enough, Mommy will pick her up and let her fall asleep in my arms. I keep telling myself I can't spoil her and my days are numbered as I eventually have to go back to work and won't get to hold her every day. She loves to fall asleep in my arms or on Daddy's chest and then sleep in her bouncy seat or swing, however, if you turn off the vibrator she seems to know it and immediatly opens her eyes (well, one eye as she opens it to peek at you then closes it as quickly as she opened it). When she is hungry she shows all the typical cues of hunger and Daddy thinks it is funny to let her root around on his face until she finds his nose. She taught him a lesson though in the middle of the night this past weekend when he was holding her without his shirt on and she chomped down on his boob!

We are looking forward to every moment with our beautiful little girl and cannot wait to see what God has in store for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment